This documentary deals with the Moche culture, which developed on the northern coast of Peru, between 100 BC and 600 AC. It is a fairly unknown culture that disappeared after reaching its peak. A Great Lord who governed and was buried with great honors, so that his message would endure in time, and a man, an archaeologist named Walter Alva, who rescued him from his tomb to fulfill his plan of the past. Today, everyone has heard of the Moches, thanks to the discoveries made during the last two decades. The finds continue, however, and the splendor of this unique civilization still surprises the world.
A project developed with the support of the Eurpean MEDIA PROGRAMME.
- The Archaeology Channel Film & Video Festival 2012 (Audience Award)
- Festival Internacional de Cine Arqueológico de Nyon 2009 (Best Archaeology Documenary)
- Festival Internacional de Cine Arqueológico del Bidasoa 2009 (Audience Award)
- Rassegna Internazionale del Cinema Archeologico 2011 (Finalist)
- Archaeology Film Festival of Brussels 2009 (Special Mention)
- Festival Internacional de Cine y Patrimonio de Murcia 2009 (Finalist)